Fairy Tale Tarot Spreads
Author: Stephanie Arwen Lynch
Artist: Lisa Hunt
“Fairy Tale Spreads” is a collection of ten Tarot spreads developed by Stephanie Arwen Lynch, based on fairy tales. A bit of background about Arwen – she began to read the Tarot for friends in 1980, and currently reads the Tarot professionally, as well as teaching it. She views the Tarot as seeing things that need to be seen, and her approach is Jungian based. Her readings are aimed at helping the Seeker take charge of their own life, and making their own decisions.
This is an awesome little e-book, with delightful spreads accompanied by artwork from Lisa Hunt. The spreads are as follows:
- Mirror, Mirror – A self-exploration spread.
- Big Bad Wolf - A finding the villain spread.
- Princess on a Glass Hill – A goal spread.
- Rapunzel’s Tower – An escape plan spread.
- Sleeping Beauty Relationship – A relationship spread.
- The Four Dragons – A problem solving spread.
- Cinderella’s Victim Spread – A victim spread.
- The Ugly Duckling – A finding yourself spread.
- The Three Little Pigs Career – A career spread.
- The Emperor’s New Cloths – Breaking Habits Spread
For each spread there is an explanation of the purpose for the spread, a list of positional meanings, and a graphic of the layout. I am going to use the Relationship Spread as an example, as we all get a TON of questions on relationship!
The Relationship Spread
A Relationship Spread
Like Sleeping Beauty, we are sometimes not as aware of potential partners as we could be. This is a spread to help you wake up to what is closer than you think. Imagine the spread is you lyikng down. What will it take to wake you up?
1 2 3 4 5 6
- Why are you asleep to a new relationship?
- What walls do you have up that are keeping potential relationships away from you?
- What do you need to know about your dreams of romance?
- What or who will awaken you to romance?
- What will they need from you for romance to work?
- What will you need from them for romance to work?
- What will be the final outcome?
I drew the following cards from the “Steele Wizard Tarot”:
- Five of Pentacles
- Knight of Wands
- King of Pentacles
- The Universe
- Four of Cups
- Six of Pentacles
- Seven of Swords
Note; The Universe is an extra card that Pamela has added to this deck. It represents our ability to access the creative forces of the Void.
Images from the “Steele Wizard Tarot”, Pamela Steele, 2006.
To keep current with Arwen’s upcoming books and workshops, go to http://tarotbyarwen.com/blog/ .
I loved these spreads – thank you Arwen for sharing them! This little e-book serves as a great example of what can be done by an Indie to help promote their own work. It is well thought out, done with a sense of humor, and leads back to Arwen’s blog and future offerings … as a book like this is intended to do. Pay close attention to her disclaimer … You Go Arwen!
“Fairy Tale Spreads” can be purchased here – http://tarotbyarwen.com/blog/?page_id=9768.
© 2002 – 2013 Bonnie Cehovet